Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Ephraim Malt Shop

Work today took me down into central Utah. On the way back, stopped at The Malt Shop in Ephraim. It's a great, classic diner.

Ordered a quarter pound hamburger, curly fries, & a small vanilla shake.

Ice cream when I'm traveling is always a dangerous proposition because of my lactose intolerance. But I decided to chance it. I mean, how often do you get the chance to eat at a bonifide malt shop?

The shake was above the rim, so thick that I could not suck it through the straw for about 20 minutes.



The burger was great. Meat, lettuce, tomato, pickle, and catsup. The catsup must of had a little mustard, vinegar, or hot sauce it it because it had a little twang in it.

Curley fries were nice and crunchy.

The best part: the owner of The Malt Shop brought me out my food and thanked me for stopping by.

You wouldn't get that in a chain fast food joint. And if you pardon me getting on a soap box for a minute.... When you buy local, that money stays local. It gets used to buy a kid school clothes or sign up for a soccer team. When you buy from a corporation, some of that money stays local, but most of it goes to the corporation and into its CEO's pocket, who in turn puts it into an offshore bank and hides it from the IRS.

Buy local. It's good for your community and good for your country.

No comments:

Post a Comment